Monday, March 18, 2013

A Rainbow of Colors

Ugh... I am alive. Sort of. Not sure if I could have said the same thing a few days ago. See about a week and a half ago I woke up a sniffling, coughing mess. One strep throat diagnosis, lots of antibiotics, a late night trip to the ER where they wrote my stats on a paper towel (yeah, don't ask), and I'm feeling a bit more human these days...well, human rolled under a truck and recuperating that is.

But before I got run over by the germ fairy, I got to experience awesome baby shower numero dos. Yes, I promise this isn't just turning into a baby blog but let's just say that at 8 months pregnant I've got babies on the brain lately.

Baby Shower 2 was hosted by my awesome coworker Lindsay who threw the partay for us Rainbow gals. (I work at Rainbow School hence the party's theme) Here's the buffet table decked out in all it's multicolored glory...

Don't worry, one of those bottles is just for me--nothing like sparkling apple cider to really get a party rockin' you know. 


And those scrumptious looking cupcakes in the background? Yeah, those are rainbow chip funfetti cupcakes--frosting carted in from the States and everything. I just about fainted from all my swooning over those (obsession with funfetti cupcakes is probably not too strong a word). 


And aren't these cupcakes freaking fabulous as well? I guess you can taste the rainbow... Oh and for anyone wondering why the random penguin in the middle it's because our classes have animal names; I'm the teacher of the penguin class. (or was before they sentenced me to a life term of bed rest)


Haha this scene cracked me up...who knew that Playmobil makes maternity ward action figures? Looks like our baby is gonna have a full head of hair... 


I even got some clothes for baby to wear... or her future barbie...



Here's the whole gang, minus one coworker. Did I mention that it's a small school? 


And that's my boss there in the middle...


Oh diaper cakes... never mind that just after this pic was taken it toppled all over my neighbors...


And onsie cupcakes with socks for the 'topping'...can ya get much cuter than that? 


Here we are in all of our rainbow glory (ok I missed the memo, but still)... 


Now if this baby would just hurry up and come already! 
ps. one more week until baby is at 37 weeks, or full term. Aka one more week and then bring on the old wives tales for labor inducement! I can guarantee that I will have buns of steel by the time I'm finished with all those stairs...