Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week Two

While week one of my 6 week slim down challenge was awesome, leaving me feeling energized and ready to tackle this thing, week two has been a real doozy. It started off with twin vertigo episodes Sunday and Monday nights that left my head reeling and my sleep too scared to come back to bed. I counted my blessings when I realized that one of those days was my prescribed day of rest and so ultimately I was only losing one workout from my week. Wednesday rolled around; I felt great and so I went back at it at full speed. By Thursday I wasn't feeling so great again and this time I wasn't sure how to come at this whole working out thing. I was stuck right in the middle between sick and healthy. I decided I was being a wuss and all my body needed was a little attitude to show those germs where to go. And I sure told them...right through my workout that is until about an hour afterwards when I was puking up just about everything I'd eaten in the past 24 hours. I've been sick with a stomach flu ever since (i.e. the past 5 days).

But I'm not giving up yet. After just a week and some hit and miss workouts during week two I was already starting to feel and see (yes, see!) a difference. So although these germs kicked my butt in round one, I am determined to get the last word in just as soon as I'm back in full health again (I'm hoping to start back up again Thursday). I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments: