Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 6


Whew! It's about time to write about week 6 (especially since it ended like a week and a half ago!).... So this is what I look like now... haha psych. That'd be nice :) 

To be honest, the biggest motivating factor that got me through week 6 of my 6 Week Slim-down Program was knowing that it would all be over soon. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it and if presented with the chance to do it all over again, I'd take it. I only lost about 2.5 kilos (around 5 pounds) with it (incredible considering all the blood, sweat, and tears that I gave in exchange!) but what it did for me was finally push me beyond the dreaded weight loss plateau hurdle into a new realm of fitness. I feel more in shape than I've been in a long time, if ever. I've proven to the doubts in my mind that I really can find time and energy to work out despite a busy (and exhausting!) teaching schedule. And it feels great. 

So was this program the end all of fitness programs and now I'm perfectly satisfied with every inch of my 5'11" body? Well no. But then again, I never expected this program to do what only God could do for me. But it has gotten me on the right track towards taking care of what God gave me; staying active and energetic; and staying committed to not letting my health slide. 

Recently I was looking through my weight records (yes, I try to weigh myself once a week and record it) and I realized that since I started this weight loss journey nearly two years ago, I've actually lost 8 kilos (or 17.5 pounds) which made me feel pretty darn good. So I'll keep at it. In fact I've already ordered a new video: Zumba dancing. Oh yes, it's gonna be good... :) 



1 comment:

kelsey said...

awesome tal!