Home tour: The Living Room
I thought I'd give you a little peak into our apartment living room (yes, I'm soo one of those people: the nosy kind who are just dying to know what the inside of your home looks like. Consider this as me giving back to all the other snoopy people like me out there.)
A little background on our humble 'chez nous':
- We moved here this past October after living 2ish years in our last place
- It's 55 square meters (aka 592 sq ft) but if you think that's small, our last place was 39 sq meters (419 sq ft), so we're officially loving the "spaciousness" of the new digs.
- We were living in Paris proper before and now we're just outside in the close suburbs.
- Living in inner city Paris is actually much more expensive than living in the burbs.
- There are still many, many things that I'd like to add and do to our little living room that our tight (okay, lets be honest, nonexistent) funds do not allow at this time. Woot woot for creativity.
Okay, well here she be! This is what the living room looked like shortly after moving day last October:
See the purple wall? Now I want to make it clear that I am in no way anti-purple. It's actually a very 'in' color in Paris right now. I'm just not sure I want a living room that's cooler than I am, that's all...
We didn't exactly have furniture right from the get go...
Here's what happened to all that purple paper...
And here's what it looks like presently... (see I had to put in all the before pics so that you'd maybe think it looks a little better now...)
Still working on the art of chalkboarding... if you guys know any ways to get a cleaner erase do share!
Let's not forget Fifi the French Feline's little corner as well...
That's it for now! More mini tours in the future to come!